Selling Your Home – Six Steps to Your Success
- Determine a transition that will be comfortable for you and risk free.
- The approach we decide on will depend on your situation and the market at the time we do this.
Step 1: Home Valuation & Setting the Right Asking Price
- An extensive review of your home’s market potential.
- What is it worth “as is” and “with prep”? (see next).
- Employing a multiple-offer strategy. Also known as getting over asking price.
Step 2: Listing Agreement & Understanding - My Service Pledge
Step 3: Home Preparation
- Visual inspection and plan for de-cluttering, cleaning, painting, repairing and upgrading - including what not to waste your money doing.
- Recommended local services and prices, if required. My recommended service suppliers offer senior discounts and are all reliable.
- Home Staging at a shared cost for my clients.
Step 4: Marketing Your Home
- Floor plans
- Photos and video
- Ads (printed and virtual)
- Open Houses (optional)
Step 5: Showings
Showings - Security
- Supervised showings. I can be present for all showings.
- Regular security checks. I will advise when I see risks.
- Schedule restricted: daylight hours/limited times per week and 30 min intervals.
- Photo ID checks on all visitors.
Showings - Convenience
- Schedule flexibility: suspended for illness or special occasions or just for a break.
- Sellers welcome to remain at home during showings.
- Weekly updates In person or phone call at a convenient time for you (conference call option) and/or written reports by email for support team members.
Step 6: Offers and Closing
- Offers screened and presented by me.
- Multiple offers handled properly and fairly.
- Seller condition for lawyer review.
- Seller condition for the closing date, if uncertain about buy side.
- Substantive buyer deposits by bank draft.
- Tracking of condition to assure removed in time.
Special Offers and Services just for Seniors